Here is a condensed version of my movie blog – everything we’ve watched over the past month.
in the theater:
– Jack Goes Boating, 2010. Two nice, awkward people get hooked up. 7/10 (Good).
– Dracula, 1931. A vampire moves to London. 7/10 (Good).
– The Social Network, 2010. An asshole Harvard student becomes an asshole billionaire. 6/10 (Okay).
– A Bit of Fry and Laurie: Season One, 1987-1989. Sketch comedy. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
– A Bit of Fry and Laurie: Season Two, 1990. 7/10 (Good).
– [re-watched] Independence Day, 1996. Flying saucers invade earth. 6/10 (Okay).
– [re-watched] Punch-Drunk Love, 2002. An emotionally unstable man meets a nice girl and is hassled by thieves. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
– Doctor Who: Planet of Fire, 1984. A religious civilization has technology they don’t understand. 2/10 (Terrible).
from the Bad Horror Marathon:
– I Bury the Living, 1958. A man can kill by putting pins in a graveyard map. 4/10 (Eh).
– House on Haunted Hill, 1959. Five strangers are invited to stay the night in a haunted house. 7/10 (Good).
– Carnival of Souls, 1962. A woman is stared at by a creepy man. 2/10 (Terrible).
– The Ghost, 1963. A couple kills the woman’s husband, then gets slightly haunted. 2/10 (Terrible).
– Dementia 13, 1963. A family is obsessed with their dead little girl, and has some murders. 3/10 (Bad).
– The Last Man on Earth, 1964. One man is the only apparent survivor of a zombie-vampire plague. 7/10 (Good).
– Nightmare Castle, 1965. A mad scientist tries to have his new wife declared insane. 3/10 (Bad).
– Bloody Pit of Horror, 1965. A girlie photoshoot in a bloody dungeon of horror is interrupted by bloody horror. 4/10 (Eh).
– The Undertaker and His Pals, 1966. An undertaker has some thugs bring him business. 3/10 (Bad).
– [re-watched] Night of the Living Dead, 1968. Several strangers defend an isolated house from zombies. 8/10 (Great).
– Fangs of the Living Dead, 1969. A woman discovers her ancestors are vampires. 2/10 (Terrible).
– The Pyx, 1973. A prostitute is killed by Satanists. 1/10 (Eew get it away).
– Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride, 1974. A reincarnated Dracula plans to decimate the world. 6/10 (Okay).
– Dominique Is Dead, 1978. A woman driven to suicide haunts her scheming husband. 2/10 (Terrible).
– Bloodtide, 1982. A diver awakens something evil. 3/10 (Bad).
and from The Top 63 Marathon:
– [re-watched] The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, 2001. The forces of good decide what to do with an evil magic ring. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
– City of God, 2002. Gang violence escalates in the neighborhood of a kid who wants to be a photographer. 6/10 (Okay).
– [re-watched] Fight Club, 1999. An insomniac gets involved in antisocial mayhem. 8/10 (Great).
– [re-watched] Goodfellas, 1990. The career of a minor mafioso. 4/10 (Eh).
– [re-watched] Seven Samurai, 1954. Samurai defend a village from bandits. 7/10 (Good).