Here is a condensed version of my movie blog – everything we’ve watched over the past month.
in the theater:
– Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, 2010. A boy fights for the girl of his dreams. 8/10 (Great).
– Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, 2010. Teenage wizards are on the run from magical fascists. 8/10 (Great).
– MASH, 1970. Hijinks in an army hospital. 7/10 (Good).
– Grand Illusion, 1937. French POWs in WWI attempt escape. 6/10 (Okay).
– Hercules: The Legendary Journeys: Season One, 1995. Hercules saves people by fighting monsters and villains. 6/10 (Okay).
– [re-watched] Alice in Wonderland, 1951. A little girl wanders through a nonsense world. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
– Doctor Who: Silver Nemesis, 1988. Cybermen vs. Jacobean time-travelers vs. Nazis, plus a lot of other stuff. 4/10 (Eh).
– [re-watched] The Last Temptation of Christ, 1988. Jesus wants God to leave him alone. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
– Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, 1968. A single father renovates a car, then tells a story about it. 2/10 (Terrible).
– Climax!: Casino Royale, 1954. Special agent Jimmy Bond plays cards to ruin a Soviet agent. 7/10 (Good).
– A Bit of Fry & Laurie: Season Three, 1992. Sketch comedy. 7/10 (Good).
– [re-watched] Doctor Who: Series Five, 2010. A mysterious alien travels through space and time with a human girl. 10/10 (Favorite of my favorites).
– Doctor Who: Revenge of the Cybermen, 1975. A conspiracy involves a space outpost, an inhabited moon of Jupiter, and an approaching Cyberman ship. 6/10 (Okay).
– [re-watched] Peter Pan, 1953. Three children follow Peter Pan to Neverland. 6/10 (Okay).
and from The Top 63 Marathon:
#13. [re-watched] Casablanca, 1942. A wealthy, powerful rogue in WWII Morocco refuses to take sides. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
#12. [re-watched] Star Wars, 1977. A farm boy stumbles across information needed to save the galaxy from a giant death ray. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
#11. [re-watched] The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, 2003. Desperate battles against the forces of evil. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
#10. [re-watched] The Dark Knight, 2008. The Joker hatches schemes. 10/10 (Favorite of my favorites).
#9. [re-watched] The Empire Strikes Back, 1980. Rebels run away from the evil Space Empire. 9/10 (One of my favorites).
#8. [re-watched] One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, 1975. An apparently sane convict is transferred to a mental hospital. 8/10 (Great).
#7. 12 Angry Men, 1957. Jurors deliberate on a murder trial with mandatory death penalty. 8/10 (Great).